Wednesday, August 20, 2014

One of the major accomplishments that i overcame this past summer was riding a horse! Sounds silly right? For so many years i have always wanted to ride on a horse. I wanted to feel to feel that connection with nature and with one of its beautiful creatures, but i have always been afraid to get on a horse and ride it. There has been opportunities in the past where i could have ridden a horse, but because i had such a big fear of getting thrown off of it, i choose to stay in the sidelines. This summer i finally got the courage to overcome my fear and step out of the sideline and ride this horse. I drove to Mannford with my little brother, who i babysat all summer. After driving for 1 hour we reached the place and i felt confident at that point. We got out of the car an headed to the horse track, still with confidence on my side. Once we got to the track i felt scared of riding the horse. I saw how big it was and though of how much it would hurt to get thrown off, but right then and there i choose to not let my fear keep me from doing something that i had wanted to do for so long and so i rode the horse. I enjoyed my experience and i'm so glade i got to ride my horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment