Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Experimental pinhole photography
 
What is a pinhole camera?
    A simple camera without a lens and with a single small aperture, a pinhole. Light from a scene passes through this single point and projects an inverted image on the opposite side of the light proof box (Wikipedia).
 
Regular pinhole photography:
 
 
 
 
Experimental pinhole photography:
 
This image is my favorite for experimental pinhole. I love how this person took something as simple as your mouth and turned it into a camera. I know that this person worked very hard on this image because I have worked with pinhole cameras before and they are a handful!! I could image doing all this while you have a piece of photo paper inside your mouth. I would definitely try this because I think it is so unique!
I also think that another experiment you can try with pinhole photography is having moving objects instead of still objects. with people this gives the "ghost" affect that looks super cool!
 

My favorite experiment to do with pinhole cameras is to take your box and poke several apertures (pinholes) through it to make a multi pinhole camera. This gives you several different images layered on one another and the end results are pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment